Monday, November 11, 2013

Unsettled

The Pictures have very little to do with the post - I just love the flowers on my desk each week. 

A little bit of natural beauty and cheer. 

Hard frosts to come this week, there may not be any more after these for a while. 

A conversation I had this weekend has left me a little unsettled. 

 Strange actually - the conversation was not ugly.

But it left me with this feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

That has carried on for a couple of days now. 

I expressed myself clearly. 

No anger. No hurt. No ugly. 
(I thought) 

The response was full of all three. 

Then came the justification for the response being negative.

Then came the character judgement of me being honest and clear.

Then came the "why the hell are you acting like this?" slung back at me.

I simply walked away. 

Not from the confrontation.

But from the need to confront.
From the need to explain.
From the need to justify.
From the need to make myself heard. 
From the need to be acceptable.
Publicly and privately. 

I walked away from negative energy

I walked away from stress.

And I think I'll keep walking.

Because the beauty of my life is that I have been given

Another chance
Another look
Another gift
Another inspiration

And ---- yes ---- there are those flowers on my desk. 



No comments: