Monday, December 9, 2013

Overwhelmed


Monday

Desk flowers

after a Sunday that left me overwhelmed with emotions

Piedmont Praise Group led our musical worship Sunday Morning.

Just Beautiful

A lady in our church - dementia has taken parts of her memory and personality
She lives with her daughter
Has very few moments of clarity
But I was witness to one.
As the praise group began a beautiful version of Silent Night
She broke into the song with them. 
The tears that had threatened all morning
Found the break in the dam and spilled. 
Nancy - sitting there by me 
Spilled her tears too. 
A God moment. 
A moment of thanksgiving. 
Praises sing. 


The tears were threatening anyway.
Because of a conversation I had on the way to church. 
I love the way these trees keep their leaves until the spring growth pushes them off.
When the breeze stirs them it sounds like papers rustling and I have often called that sound "paper lace"
I was looking at these all through the undercanopy of the trees and asked if he knew what kind they were.
Beech trees was the answer. 

Then I described my version of the sound. 

Doesn't sound like an emotional discussion at all huh?

Then he said water oaks keep their leaves too. 
And when they fall they make a clicking sound. 

Yes they do. 
I've noticed.
Even in the quiet, the forest has a soundtrack.

And someone else hears that same soundtrack too. 

Think about it.
-the rustle of birds landing on a branch
-the chatter of squirrels running through the trees and leaves.
-the lack of sound of an owl in flight
-a fish jumping with a resounding plop on the water
-the silence of walking out in a snowfall.

I'm in awe of recognizing that God gave us multiple ways to experience His creation.

I'm in awe of discovering that someone else is aware and willing to share their observations with me.

Yes is was a very good morning. 






No comments: