Monday, April 7, 2014

Grateful Hope.


Me holding "baby Jesus" - actually his name is Roman. 

That is his Grandmother immediately to my right. 

She cornered me on Saturday - for a conversation that makes me smile to this moment. 

She wanted to take on all of those who have hurt me.

She is a friend. 

She loves me and she is not afraid to tell anyone that. 

She is also a survivor --- of losing a child. 

To this day, she tries her best to minister to so many others who go through loss.

Her story includes many twists and turns and ugliness and grace and beauty and love and forgiveness.

It also includes the love story of her daughter and son-in-law (Roman's mom and dad)

And she sees me right where I am - today. 

And loves me right on. 

There is a message there. 

It is good to have cheerleaders.

Lilian - thank you for taking the time to ask and to understand. To love without advice and judgement. To encourage me to move forward in my life. 

Which brings me to something

Something that I am calling Grateful Hope.

See - I read this book......


It made a difference to me. 

I read it and KNEW I must share it. 

And initially I did share the process of naming blessings. 
With a very close friend. 
It was an amazing experience. 
One I will never regret. 

I've spoken of the book to many. 

And told how it sent me to God's word again and again. 

I've shared how it makes me aware. 
But the big difference is how I react to things. 

Yesterday, the pastor stopped by my Sunday School Class door. 
I was talking about something and mentioned that Patti is one of my very closest and special friends.
He remarked that I say that about many. 
I smiled and then spoke of how blessed I am. 

Then we laughed and I said "and I have had some real jerks on my journey, but those even were blessings, well because of what I've learned from them."

Anyway - Patti and I have been talking about the book.

She is reading it now.

I shared with her, how mine is marked up and how when reading the first time, I felt called to share this in a special way. 

She and my other Sunday Morning Adult Kid, LeighAnn, both jumped at the idea. 

So in the middle of some major life happenings, I (we) have decided to have a very special day of sharing. 

A day that I have already taken to calling

GRATEFUL HOPE. 

You will see more about this in the months to come. 

Please pray about it. About being a participant - or about helping in some way. 

Because - by participating you will come to understand just why blessing #297 is "Hearing a child's footsteps running down the hall." 


GRATEFUL HOPE

Coming this fall. 



No comments: