Friday, December 11, 2015

2016 approaches ----- one word 2015 recap


I chose SEEK as my word for 2015.

These words described various things I would seek 

I will SEEK 

better health
better living
more beauty
ways to accomplish goals
better relationships
more grace
more strength
growth
I will seek purpose
joy
time
kindness / and ways to be kind
Opportunity to be generous
wisdom
SO many things to SEEK

And I sought and I found. 

I ran my first half marathon - that was grueling. But I trained hard and I met my goals to complete it. 

Nothing like your daughter meeting you at the finish line to drape your medal around your neck. 

I took literally thousands of stunning photos.

I directed a wedding and gave the bride some special moments.

I sought opportunity to give - share - love. 

It has been a full and beautiful year. 


Here at the closing of the year, a medical issue came to light. 

After losing a kidney, I have to be very proactive on taking care of my remaining one. 

Scans show a blockage.

So we dealt with that and now I am on the road to that recovering.

And I made decisions that made others unhappy with how I dealt with this.

But you know what - I never felt alone this time.

That was one thing I sought as well - improved relationships. 



As 2016 approaches I have been pondering my word for the year. 

I think it will be 

PROGRESS

I want to see progress in my life.
I want to see progress in simplifying.
I want to see progress in my health 
I want my relationships to show progress. 
My health
My faith
So much potential.



So PROGRESS it will be. 

The photos are mine.

I hit the Jones Chapel parking lot at just the right time for those last two. 

Brilliant morning light just kissing the steeple. 

I love this image. 

I love my life.

It is quite beautiful every single day.

Looks like I have made some PROGRESS already. 


No comments: