Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What If..........


What if ....

I really said what I think.

About the hurts that I hold on to.

About the dreams I have.

About the love I feel.

About how beautiful I really do think life is.

About what makes me feel bad.

About what makes me feel good.

About what I wish you would say. do.

About why I don't say it.

About why this makes my heart heavy.

And this makes my heart sing.

About celebrations.

About sorrows.

Laughter.

Joy.

Pain.

Fear.

Yes - what if.

For one - it would scare you ......

But mostly - it scares me.

See, I tried it before. And that person.

The one who should have helped me fly.

Actually "promised" that is what would happen.

Then slowly and so carefully began to control my flight.

So yes --- what if --- well it's really better that I just hold it close to my heart.

Then no one can steal the very breath of who I am.

So --- guess there is no answer to

What if.........



No comments: