Friday, April 24, 2015

shore time thoughts





Miles of sand and shells.

The sound of the waves against the shore. 

Sun on my face.

Adding to the freckles sprinkled across my nose.

Shoes in hand.

Bare feet on the sand.

Toes touch water.

It was impromptu.

A detour to the beach. 

I breathe fresh air

I feel warmth on my skin

I let that solitary tear roll down my cheek

Not alone - just lonely.

Seems the common theme in my life for so long. 

My name is Mama

I am so proud of my girls. 

They are grown up now.

Embarking on the next grand adventures of their life

Leaving a huge empty space in mine.

There is sadness in that empty silent space.

Robin Williams quote embodies how this feels. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not.
The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone."

Then on the way to the car 
I find something I have looked for for so many years.

A decent sized shark tooth. 
This one about the size of a dime. 

Reminding me that I am strong.
We got this.
God's got this.
and even in the midst of some serious challenges,
there is peace in the knowing. 

Life is so beautiful.
I give thanks for the blessings. 
Please join me and give thanks for yours. 






No comments: