Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Scenes from a slow moving train.......


I haven't done one of these posts in quite a while. 

So here we go. 

All photos are mine. 

Life is racing by. 

For me and for everyone else. 

Weddings, babies, complicated relationships. 

Feelings hurt - finding grace.

Realizing that it really is all very complex and yet what we crave is simplicity. 

Sit and breathe and watch a hummingbird land on a wire. Seeing the tiny heartbeat in her chest. Hearing the beat of tiny wings working so hard in hover mode.

Yes.

See. 

Feel my heartbeat slow. 

Breathe. 



A window down ride through the country.

Open the gate, back in. 

Unload.

Amble out and look.

Really look.

Rusted wire - coiled gently - fence post a convenient hanger. 

Barbed - graceful - utilitarian.

Yet beautiful in it's simplicity.



This.

A country lane.

Sunbeams through the mist. 

That patch of light along the right of the road. 

mmm.

I really really wanted to trespass here...

What lies beyond that little turn in the road?

These are the things my mind wanders through.



Taken the same morning as the previous picture. 

I have driven past this view many times. 

Today - I saw it differently. 

That tree may as well have been planted there just for this view. 

I caught my breath on the noticing.

Slowing down to look - again to really SEE.

A pond beyond.

Green path before. 

Framed. 

Yes.

See.

Breathe.



A tiny table and chairs.

A Sunday school room in a tiny country church.

I was asked to take some photos by one of the church members. 

The have taken on a monumental task.

Seems the old building was literally falling down.

They are slowly, steadily restoring and remodeling. 

All while sharing the Grace that is the GIFT. 

I walked into this little room and suddenly I was back in Miss Fowler's class in the basement of Royston PH Church.

The slightly musty smell of a building only open a couple of days a week.
The smell of crayons (I love that scent)
(I do NOT like the smell of playdoh) 

Little folded papers printed in black and white with the story and a coloring page. 

I could not help but smile. 

Memories.

Yes. 

Breathe.



Another picture from the church. 

Focusing on details. 

The image may only make sense to me.

But when I "see" it in my mind

Zoom in on (or span out from) that area.

Click the shutter. 

Hold it out and preview the picture on the little screen. 

And that image on the screen makes me smile.

I have just locked another moment in my life. 

This one is warm sunshine.
The light on the grey blue of the paint. 
Worn spot on the wheel - from how many hands - ringing the bell how many time over the years.

I hear my sister's laughter not too far away. 

I see my Mom's grey hair off in the distance.

It was Kassie's baby shower day. 

Yes, I rang the bell myself. 

Stood and listened to the deep resonant sound.

Locking in the moment.

Yes

Breathe.



Oh Mama.

Baby on Board.

Curious eyes watch me.

This herd is familiar with me.

As long as I keep a distance, they are not alarmed. 

19 in the herd, but it is about to grow.

Several pregnant doe. 

They really are beautiful creatures.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the fawns. 

I really hope Mom let's me be a spectator to their play. 

I promise I will laugh as I watch them.

Yes.

Breathe.



I you read here often, you know I collect sunrises.

I never fail to say "THANK YOU" when I slow to focus. 

Trying settings.

Beauty.

Grace.

Peace. 

Breathe.




This picture.

Some see weeds.

I see wishes.

I even call them "wish flowers" 

But this sunrise.

On this day.

Wishes were not on my thoughts.

It seemed frivolous to blow wishes to the wind. 

Then I pulled the camera out. 

Zoomed in close.

Set my focus and framing. 

Took this.

Softly I blew the seed pod.

Slowly the seeds broke away. 

I found myself praying over a HARD situation. 

Not wishes.

Prayers.

And prayer spreads too.

I stood back up.

Remembered some childhood wish.
That I have thought was childish in the past. 

You know - the whole "happily ever after" thing.

And suddenly there was a thought.

Yes - some days are hard.

But I choose to remain happy.

Thankful.

Joyful.

Realizing that God is there. 

Even when I turn from him.

He's waiting - working - providing Grace. 

I smile.

Breathe.

Yes.


The Queen Anne's Lace is blooming.

As I write this, I can see a vase of it from the Crusty Old Guy on my desk. (I love that fact)

But in my mind I can also see these roadside beauties dancing in the wind. 

One of my favorite wildflowers (daisies will always be on the top of the list - there are some of those in the vase too)

The sway of the heavy blooms on the stem reminds me that I can still move about. 

So after a grueling two days of hard work setting up for a wedding.

After walking around 11 miles on Saturday all over the farm property where this wedding was to be held. 

After sunshine - florists - caterers - bridesmaids - groomsmen 

After vows and tears of joy. 

After toasts and Father - Daughter dances.

After all of that - I joined my two adult daughters and their friends on the dance floor.

I danced - I sang - I laughed
I had a blast.

I had worked hard.
I had played hard.
I had lived full.
I was in the moment.

Right now I can bring back every one of those feelings.

Even the harmony of us singing the Wagon Wheel song.

Breathe.

and in this case
Sweat. 

Yes. 



Thistle.

Farmers hate it.

But this picture.

This is one of my favorite shots EVER. 

Yes.

Breathe.

Look towards the sun. 

Face life head on. 

You have this day.

Live it. 

Yes.



Once more

Scenes from a Slow Moving Train

comes to a close. 

We all feel it.

The gale force wind in our hair.

Created by the speed that life is passing by. 

Passing so fast it is only a blur. 

If you say you don't feel it, then you are ignoring life.

Or you have really become much better than I at LIVING in the moment.
(If that is you - congratulations)

Finding my focus in a moment actually does seem to slow the train. 

And that has served me well. 

I can appreciate everything I have and where I am.

I am finding myself much more content with myself and my things.

I am being able to let go of some things as well. 

Look 
Listen
Breathe

Life is Beautiful






No comments: