Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Peaceful Season




The picture has nothing to do with the post.

I just love the old bridge structure so much. 

I continue to purge.

Good for my sanity. 

Amazingly very good. 

It is also HARD WORK. 

I have gathered (also known as hoarded)  for so many years.
As I go through the things, I can remember some of the ideas I had when I collected the items. 

Then today, as I was reading blogs, I read this

Physical clutter promotes mental, spiritual, and creative clutter, and at the beginning this mini journey, I already feel as though I can breathe again.

I have spent years trying to fill that damned hole in my soul with STUFF. 

I hardly noticed that was what was happening. 

April 2010 - that all began to change.

I was unhappy.
stuffing STUFF into my home.
Into the studio space (the one that never really got finished)
And I watched it unfold as I took on the demons.
It has almost been like watching a movie, only I know the cast of characters so well. 

All this to say.
Last night I quietly worked ALONE.
Towards finishing a project.
I could see progress - held in a sandwich sized plastic bag
I repeatedly picked that bag up and smiled
I have had this project sitting for years. 

Then in cleaning out a box, I found a second started but either I burned out or I set aside the materials, project. 
I have not added it to the list of 
STUFF I AM FINISHING.

These two projects
are but a tiny drop in my bucket for the digging, purging, finishing, unpacking, dealing with
pile of crap in my home. 

The funny thing.
As I am finishing these projects
and
making a list of additional things I wish to accomplish.
And getting rid of that I can now see that I WILL NEVER USE. 
I am feeling much more at PEACE than I have in years


Will I stumble - I'm sure.
Will I fall - well that too.
Am I afraid - sometimes
Can I survive - I have so many things.

this PEACE feels like it goes to the core of my being.

I sure hope I can hang on to it.

LIFE IS CRAZY BEAUTIFUL.

No comments: