Monday, November 24, 2014

Living With intention

Boy, it has been a year. 

As I approach the Thanksgiving Holiday, I am finding myself pondering if I have lived my word of the year. 

I think I have. 

I haven't posted about it a lot. 

I haven't really even consciously thought about it much.

But I have lived it. 

INTENTION. 
(with purpose to succeed) 



I have two blogs. This one and my crafty one. 

The crafty one is easy to look at and quite easy to read through again and again. 
To see what I have made and why.

This one -- hell, this one is grueling to read. 
Some days are good day, some not so much. 

But I have made huge strides in conquering demons of all kinds.

The result - I have a space that refreshes me. 

A place that allows me to rest.

A circle that accepts who I am right here and right now. 

I want these people around me. 

They feel good. 

(and because I'm having a snarky moment)
(they like that damned blue outfit a LOT)

Now about that place.

Let's define what I want there a little closer. 

I want it to be a sanctuary for me and loved ones.
To be welcoming and ready for those who want to spend time there. 
I failed that miserably in the past and in the very cluttered present. 

Why - because there is so much crap there, that I had no business having and should definitely NOT held on to. 
But each item temporarily filled a gaping hole in my soul. 

Add in the stuff I kept for whatever sentimental reasons I gave. 

Here's a reality.
I kept three porcelain dolls all these years. 
They belonged to my children. 
Those same children who HATED those dolls. 
They called them creepy. 
So this past Saturday, I got rid of the dolls.
Sent the girls a text saying "the creepy dolls are gone" 
I got a text back.
One word.
"GOOD"
Yes, I got rid of them and life did not fall apart.

Now - to attack the rest of this stuff. 

I pick each item up.
Ponder carefully.
Then - with INTENTION - I determine if I want it in my life.
If not, I either give, sell, or toss it. 

And each decision makes me feel lighter and lighter. 

INTENTION
the 2014 word of the year. 

Now to ponder my word for 2015. 




No comments: