Wednesday, August 6, 2014

downtime -----

vacation

beach time

salt, sand, surf

naps

FOOD

sunrises

sunsets

beauty

rest

relax

create

laugh

ride

look

see

yes - it was a great week. 

Now for some outtakes (fun stories)

********************************************************

I set the alarm for 5AM every single day. Got up. push the button one the coffeepot. Go back to bed and wait for it to be ready. It was the principle of being able to say I pushed the button every morning. 
(laugh) 


Ran across this yard art place. That is one BIG chicken. There was also a 795.00 price tag attached to that bird.  Actually there were large price tags on most of this yard art and I have not quite figured out how to transport or display a life sized giraffe figurine. 



I watched the morning star fade - every single day. 

I watched the sun rise - every single day.

I walked hours on the beach every evening picking up "angel wing" shells.

The photo above was taken especially for Chancey. He wants to reincarnate as the Flight Leader of a pelican squadron. They were AMAZING to watch. Just how can that big of a bird be that graceful in flight?



I took my sanity suitcase with me with the idea of finishing up the little stitchies for Grateful Hope. I finished those and then had this moment of creative inspiration. 

I wanted a sunrise memory to take back with me. 

Mind you, this suitcase has ONLY scraps, bits,  and leftovers of floss. 

So I took a good look and thought I could pull this off. Then I was on a mission to make a sunrise stitchie bit. No pattern. Just inspiration. 

Take a close look - this stitchie includes traditional cross stitch, blended floss stitching, and under stitching (layered cross stitches). I have no idea why, but I also happen to have a spool of sparkly blending filament in there, look at the waves closely - there are sparkles of light. 

I was very happy with how this turned out. 



Once I finished all of those stitchie bits for Grateful Hope, I took them and staged this little assemblage. These will become something else, but I wanted this documented. And it gave me a little advertising picture for the retreat. Happy with this too. 


And last, but not least some little tidbit quotes from the week. 

"not a chance in hell"

"why do outhouses have a crescent moon cutout in the door"

"her thong said SPANK ME"

"i'm kinda funny about who I let hold my doodle and I promise you I have never doodled anyone to death"

********************************************

it was a beautiful week and I brought back a few things including some darker skin and new freckles.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.


No comments: