Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Freedom?????


Hey there. 

I have a problem.

I need to talk about it. 

Actually - I have talked about it.

Over and over and over.

I kinda think there are lots of us out there with a very similar problem. 

Hell - there's even a show based on the issue. 

*****************************************

I have TOO MUCH STUFF. 

I have so much junk in my house. 
In my barn. 
In my studio.
In my attic. 

It is everywhere.

********************************************

In making some lifestyle changes. 

I have found myself carefully evaluating what I have versus what I use. 

I am slowly (GOD so slowly) ridding myself of extraneous stuff. 

Now here is the issue. 

The "hoarding" is actually a symptom of the real issues. 
I suffer from whatifineedthisstufflater
and from thisisgreatstufftherewillbeaperfectprojectforit
and ohbutmollyandabbymaywantthisinthefuture
as well as soandsogavethistomesoishouldkeepitforsentimentalreasons.

I so hope others struggle with these issues like I do. 

I am trying so hard to organize things and the realization is
I do NOT need better organization.
I NEED LESS STUFF. 

****************************************************
Let's just go over a few things. 

Sweet little vacation cabin.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Great food.
Lovely moments.
Rest.
Wait.......

Shouldn't home feel like that too?

That cabin has very little "stuff" in it. 
So very little time and effort is required to maintain it.
Quick dinner (simple foods - prepared well - shared with beauty) 
Clean up happens in less than 10 minutes.
Then a glass of wine by the window - or on the porch - or while strolling a path - or walking the beach. 

Shouldn't home feel like that too? 

******************************************************

At my house - I have to clear off this to accomplish that - then put it all back to then do the other. 

It's CONSTANT.
It's EXHAUSTING
It's OVERWHELMING.
It's EMBARRASSING. 

and I need to apologize to my children about it all. 

So 

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT ALL THIS? 

**********************************************************

Start by actually letting go of some stuff. 

See the two tables in the picture below.

Church yard sale.
I piled up two tables full of stuff. 

When it was all said and done - I only brought home the Ski Bibbs and Jacket and a few magazines. 
I did bring a bag of books home, but those will be donated to a local jail as soon as I see my sister. 
What did not sell in the clothing was packed up and sent to a local clothes closet. 
I also dumpstered some of the boxes this was hauled in as well as a few things that literally were JUNK.

As I walk past the place these boxes have been sitting, I can breathe. 

I did not expect that. 




Sadly, this didn't even make a dent in the stuff I have hoarded. 

I also created an entire women's event using my studio stash.
Guess what - you cannot even tell that I pulled this stuff out.

All of this to say.

I continue to fight the issues. 
I continue to make tiny progress each and ever day. 

And I will celebrate the feeling that the empty spaces will bring. 

It is HARD WORK - the damned demon named HOARDER is worse that a cockroach infestation. The stuff is simply everywhere. 

ONE SURFACE AT A TIME. 

**********************************************
Now just some side notes.

Yes that lamp is hideous. 

And there was this "FABULOUS" bubble fabric top that I gave away.  (the one I gave away was yellow - so anyone who knows me knows it was not mine) 


Yes that is a Chatty Cathy doll still in it's box. 
The lady who bought her was thrilled. 
She came in to look for something specific, but when she spotted her she sailed across the floor and smiled and was simply over the top excited. 
Seems she had one when she was little and it was lost or destroyed at some point and she had wanted to replace her for many many years. 

At least someone was tickled to have her.

And she didn't say - maybe you should take her back home. 

************************************************************

I can feel major changes occurring in my life. 

Good changes. 

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

please comment if you struggle with some of this kind of issue. 
Sure would be nice if I had some support out there. 


No comments: