Thursday, October 9, 2014

Grateful Hope ----I am at a complete loss for words.


I'll be breaking this into several posts - full of photos- and tiny commentary -  with the photos. 

Quick run down.

I had cancer. 
I almost died. 
I got a second chance.
I immediately knew I wanted to share this.
Lots has changed in my life.
This day became MY GIFT to a few ladies who are very special to me. 

And on Saturday October 4th - I gathered my friends and we studied and shared and celebrated.

I have no words for how beautiful this day was.

Invite God into your world.
Answer a call.
Prepare the best you can.
Then leave the rest to Him. 

Life will be proven FULL OF BLESSING. 

Now for the pretty pictures.

This is a bit scattered and there will be more pictures tomorrow.



I snapped this at the beach, the day I finished the Stitchie bits for each of the journals. 


There were symbolic gifts. For each section. Many of these were handcrafted with much prayer as i worked. 

Clothespins covered with decorative paper. 
symbolic of looking a things in a different perspective
These can be used for so much more than hanging clothes. 


Tiny crochet granny squares on tea towels.
Symbolic of Jesus service to the disciples after the Last Supper as he washed their feet. 


The book has a beautiful nest image on the front cover. I crocheted and embellished nests for the table decor. 

(I purchased one nest from VICKI - the ones she makes and sells are simply amazing.

Mine were much more simple. 


There were MILES of yarn and ribbon cut and knotted. 



I poked through my stash over and over. So much joy to share my precious bits and baubles with my friends. 
( the little wired bling came from a corsage that I've had in the laundry room window literally for years.)


There was lace dyed and beads sewn - This is to simulate the ocean waves. 


I created my own patterns for a lot of the items - I called this my SAND DOLLAR


A tiny shorebird perched on the rim of the OCEAN NEST. 


I woodburned slabs with beautiful words. These are natural elements because many blessings are found in nature.



oops - this got out of order - a colorful stack of granny squares for the towels. 


Candles - embellished with stamps - vintage music - lace  - and flowers.

God is our light - we sing praises. 




I shared the Joy Dare with my friends as we finished the day. 
 (you can download your own copy HERE.)



I spent the Friday before the event decorating and praying within the space. That is (VICKI's nest in the photo above.
I sent this image out to remind people about the event. 



Even the coffee stirrers got a little detail treatment. 
What can I say - I wanted everyone to feel special.



I printed and framed sunrises and sunsets. 

A new day begins.
This day is ending.
Life is beautiful. 
Slow down and record the gifts.


Journals covered and embellished. 



I prepared for 15. These lovely eight shared my day. 

Rainbow treasures effect was a happy accident on my phone camera, but these ladies are treasures to me. 

More in the next few days. 



No comments: