Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Weekend Treat

Fall in the mountains of north Georgia and Western North Carolina. 

A bit early for October's big colorful leaf gala

But still a wonderful get away. 


Sunny. Beautiful. Warm.

Windows down. 

Wind in my hair.

Tangles worth every bit of it. 

A bit of antiquing. 

Visits - yes plural - with friends. 

Friday evening included dinner with the Blind Pig crew. 

There was smoked chicken -and pork. 
And sides.
And dessert.

and dessert after dessert.

the food was wonderful.
but even better was the company.

We arrived to a film crew making a video.

There were wonderful status worthy comments
including but not limited to

"he's looking at me"

and

"it's not clumpy enough"

and then there was the whole

"creepy doll heads and a bleeding tree of death"

lots of laughter
LOTS
OF
LAUGHTER

after dinner we gathered for music



Tipper


Miss Cindy and Ruby
(note The Deer Hunters were warm while all us ladies were freezing)


this was a treat - I had no idea The Main Deer Hunter played as well. 


The Pressley Girls treated me to my favorites. 

It was a beautiful evening full of fun and love. 
I am looking forward to seeing the whole crew at their deer camp soon. 
This time we may all cook together but I think there will be some fresh apple cake. 

The John Campbell School Folk Festival
Always a huge treat.


Craft - artists at work

Performances


Demonstrations

It was a full two days
But I am so glad I took the time to go. 

I'm especially happy that I took time to visit with Tipper and her family.

Have a great week all


1 comment:

Tipper said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! We had so much FUN! And I hope in the very near future we're all together again : )