Tuesday, February 25, 2014

notes on a Saturday.......

I've become somewhat of an early riser. 

I know, pick your jaw up off the floor. 

But I'm so excited about life right now. 

Things I've longed for and have now found INTENTION to work toward. 

As some would say, my Give-a-Damn is fixed.

Having given that preface, 

It's Saturday. 

Alarm goes off at 5am. 

I silence it for 30 minutes (that snooze is the best sleep still) 

Then at 5:30 AM, still in the dark, I quietly move about. 

No TV. 

I read in the lamplight. 

Slowly waking up.

Hair still tangled from sleep. 

Still in yoga pants and a t-shirt. 

I can hear the birds starting to welcome the day. 

As the sky lightens and the darkness eases away, 

Barefooted, I amble to the kitchen.

Coffee calls. 

I reach for the cup. 

The water for the Keurig (I love this coffeemaker)

And I see it. 

That sliver of red in the morning horizon. 

The one Molly painted

And I knew it was going to be a glorious sunrise. 

So I skipped the coffee for a bit. 

Grabbed a sweatshirt, jacket, socks and shoes. 

I took off on a brisk, cold walk in the direction of the sunrise. 

Yes - I am the lady in her pj's with bed hair chasing the sunrise. 

I was about a mile into my walk, when my phone rang.

No good morning - just these words.

"Have you seen the sunrise?" 

My response "Walking into it now." 

The person on the phone understands. 

Understands my desire to live as fully as I can. 

And encourages that attitude in me. 

Instead of just appreciating the sunrise alone, wants to share it. 

Did not want me to miss it.

It was that stunning of a sunrise. 

That sharing. 

Taking time to call. 

Chatting for just a few minutes as I trekked to my destination.

Laughing at the pj's and state of my hair description. 

I arrived at that spot I know well.

Then saying good bye and allowing me the time to really BASK in the beautiful morning. 

That kind of caring is simply beautiful too.

If you have that person in your life, please tell them how wonderful they are.

I stayed until the glow was well up in the sky. 

Standing, bathed in the colors of the morning. 

Knowing majesty - expressing awe in the form of a grateful prayer. 

It was spontaneous - this walk.

It was gratitude - this walk.

It was kindness to my soul - this walk.

It was as energizing as coffee - this walk. 

I had to take - this walk. 

It's part of living this beautiful life I've been given a second chance at. 

And this is the reward for the small effort of taking that walk. 




LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. 

EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF EVERY SINGLE DAY. 

No comments: