Friday, February 28, 2014



Dear beautiful you.......

this is YOUR life

(your very own life)

get to know YOUR soul

dance YOUR dance

sing YOUR song

take charge of YOUR story

love YOUR day

let YOUR heavy stuff go

embrace YOUR blessings

kiss YOUR beloveds

thank YOUR everything

see YOUR place

stand in YOUR power

forgive YOUR mistakes

forgive YOUR enemies

drain YOUR secrets of their poison

heal YOUR pain

find YOUR tribe

rest YOUR body

share YOUR talents

practice YOUR passions

find YOUR bliss

LIVE YOUR LIFE

LOVE YOUR LIFE

because the best years of YOUR life will happen

as soon as you open YOUR hands to YOUR happiness.

melody ross

**********************************************************

I was talking to my mama. 
I told her about something that happened. 
About how it pissed me off.
I guess I unconsciously wanted sympathy.
I say that because her reaction surprised me. 
I am 48 years old and I got a lecture from my mama. 

A lecture that included these phrases..... (my response in parenthesis)

You made a choice. (I did)
Do you feel like you made the right choice? (yes ma'am I do)
Any second thoughts about the choice? (NOPE)
Would you make the same choice again? (I would)
Does anyone but you have to agree with the choice? (Not really) 
Is the choice harmful to you or the girls? (Not at all)
Do you really care what anyone else thinks about it? (I shouldn't) 
Are you happy? (what?)
I know you are pissed off right now, but in general, are you happy? (I sure am) 
Then why the hell did you allow this to piss you off? (well, since you put it this way)

My mother endured a lot. 
Raised by a single mother
Found herself a single mother of teenage girls when my dad was killed
Managed to be all for all for a long time.
Is a very strong lady. 
And really gives not one F*&^ what anyone thinks about her.

She encourages me to be better every day. 

She knows some of the crap I have dealt with. 

It matches some of what she did. 

And she really wants me happy. 

And she understands why its hard for me. 

But more than understanding and encouraging.

My mama loves me. 

And she knows that where I am today is really the best I have been in a long long long time. 

Yes -----

MY LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Coffee and laughter included.






No comments: