Monday, December 29, 2014

one word --- recap and new word.


A praying hawk.


About the photo. I've been collecting cell phone sunrises and sunsets for a long time now. I also LOVE hawks. The day we lost Andrew, the sunset was glorious, but I didn't have any desire to take that picture. Blessings were hard to see at that moment. That evening I got a facebook message from my Aunt Becky, inquiring about my well-being and telling me how much she enjoyed the sunrises and sunsets that I posted. (I've not heard from Becky in many years - coincidence - I don't think so) Others thanked me that night for my photos and my general positive outlook and spoke of me being inspiring to them. Then a Christmas card from a longtime friend spoke of them as well.  In conversation with my Partner in Crime (aka Crusty Old Guy who also loved Andrew), I was sharing these events and said - maybe I need to seriously collect sunrise sunset photos. So as we were leaving the funeral home to go the graveside, he presented me with a new camera and said "this should make the collecting easier." That hawk photo above was taken from well over 100 yards across a field. I'm not sure where I'll be going with this collecting, but I sure do love the camera. I took some of my Christmas money and added a tripod to the mix. Look for many more "moments" being recorded. 


I chose the word INTENTION for 2014

I needed an action inducing word, but one that required thought and not just reacting to the events around me.

I got exactly what I asked for. 

Much change occurred in 2014.
Some good.
Some .... well you know how that works. 

I've cleaned parts of my house with INTENTION and so much stuff is gone.
I've been much more INTENTIONAL about decisions in my life and that is a very good thing. 
I've made financial decisions with INTENTION.
Health decisions.
Relationship decisions. 
It's been a good year for me. 

2015 is almost here.
I've a plan to collect some things.
I've a plan to create some things.
I've a plan to move forward with some things. 
And in studying and pondering and wandering and worrying
I have chosen the word that keeps haunting me. 

For 2015 I will

SEEK

I will SEEK 

better health
better living
more beauty
ways to accomplish goals
better relationships
more grace
more strength
growth
I will seek purpose
joy
time
kindness / and ways to be kind
Opportunity to be generous
wisdom
SO many things to SEEK


And I'm betting by the end of 2015 - all this seeking might just lead me to finding out more about myself

Go ahead - pick a word for yourself. 

and

since you are here

enjoy the sunrise



1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

Beautiful! I think being a seeker for all the good things you listed is wonderful. Lovely choice.