Monday, March 17, 2014

Paths -----


It does not matter where you have been
Only that you are HERE now. 

I send that message to Brother Boy earlier this week

I said that to the kids in the Youth meeting as we began last night. 

I had asked BB to speak to these kids I love so much.

About his path with alcohol and recovery. 

He was there

Along with his fiance. 

And his dad.

There was chili (always a good sign when people get quiet over food) 

Then that same phrase as a beginning. 

The story poured out over the table. From all of us involved. 

It's his story - its all our story - it's God's story for these lives

laughter at times

Tears at times

Teenagers quiet and yet intently listening. 

None of my normal commenters had words at all. 

The three of them left - I cleaned up.

Tables to be wiped

Trash to take out

Thinking about what was said

And what wasn't

Then the surprise

A conversation with a teen

It mattered.

Brother Boy's testimony struck hard

In a soft and tender spot

Giving hope

After everyone left, I sat in the Sanctuary.
At the piano
Sounding out the notes for Amazing Grace
and Our God is and Awesome God.
I do not play piano.
My notes were halting - timid.
Pages clouded from tears threatening to spill

I was tender

I had heard the story too

I am a part of the story

Yet  - I again was moved by 
God doing what God does. 

See again I was reminded 

It doesn't matter where you have been
It only matters that you are here now. 

God Loves Us.

God Loves Me.

Life is beautiful. 





No comments: