Tuesday, March 4, 2014

a gift unexpected


Softball Princess is home for a few days. 

I see her Bible in the top of her bag.

With a church bulletin stuck in it, a church near her college campus.

That was a blessing. 

A tiny gift. 

Then last night I asked her about the church. 

About how often she goes. 

Seems she goes regularly. 

Her words

"it's a Baptist church" 

"with contemporary music"

"words on a screen" 

"praise band and such"

"I don't really love it"

??????? - this look from me

"I don't know the songs" 

"Amazing Grace and the Old Rugged Cross - I know those"

"Hymnals - that feels like worship" 

Me - "you should know the words to Amazing Grace and the Old Rugged Cross, 
I sang them as lullabies to you when you were little" 

A smile from my princess

A nod.

Recognition and love in her eyes. 

She said 

"I know - every time I hear them I remember"

That - my friends - was a gift unexpected. 

My name is Mom - I shed tears of deep emotion over that moment.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.





No comments: