Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Broken is still beautiful

I turned 48 on Sunday.

I'm grayer than I used to be. A bit overweight. 

Occaionally I laugh so hard the tears roll down my legs. (Go ahead process what that really means....it's funny)

I'm no longer afraid to cry.

There are wrinkles around my eyes.

Stretch marks across my stomach.

A scar around my left breast. A huge one across my stomach. A tiny one just under my bottom lip too.

I need reading glasses at times.

There are days when adrenal fatigue or a migraine frustrate me.

Two times I stared the devil called cancer in the face. I won. For now.

I loved and lost.  I loved and walked away. I loved and sacrificed.  But the important part is I loved. And I'll keep on loving.

I'm learning what is best for me. Whew some of those lessons were painful. ... for me and for others. 

The real me. Christian. Saved by grace. Boots.  Blue jeans. Lace. Long hair. Short hair. Conversation hair.  A wee bit redneck, but able to move in and around doctors and lawyers and celebrities too. Domestically challenged. Creative too. A runner. A teacher. A friend. A mama. A daughter.  A sister. A lover.  A fighter. A survivor.  A partner. This list goes on and on.

I am battle scarred by life. I am in love with my life. I really wish everyone could see just how beautiful my life is today.

48 ..... and living and loving and waiting to see, just how much more beautiful this girl's life is gonna be. 

No comments: