Monday, July 8, 2013

slow moving train.......


a few scenes from the holiday.........

all of these made me happy.

Softball Princess and her Granddaddy --- birthday cakes side by side. hers says 20 - his 85. They both are healthy. They both love life. I think that is a worthy celebration moment.

A trek through the North Georgia Mountains --- getting to some places well before they open. Crocheting in the car. Meeting people and finding things. Like buttons and keys.

A dinner with friends. Great food. Great fellowship. Holding hands with loved ones as we publicly blessed our food.

Three adults - sitting in pre-school sized chairs - talking openly about things. Thank you Pastor and Patti for that beautiful time together.

Studio time --- nap time --- love time --- relaxing time. All wonderful.

Now about the keys - the picture of the keys. When Mama was pregnant with me, my daddy worked far away. She drove his Ford truck while he was gone, so I've been a FORD girl thru and thru all these years. In addition to the keys I bought to make mixed media jewelry, mom gave me a box of keys. I was sorting and looking and clearing and brainstorming when I happened upon a "ring of keys". Immediately, I remembered.....

My daddy pulling those keys out and opening things ---
My daddy having a heavy pocket and hearing the jingle as he walked ----
My daddy never looking for his keys in the morning because they were always together with his knife and pliers -----
My daddy --- and the feeling of closeness to him was amazing in that moment.

I fondled the keys. Looking at each one and remembering what they were for. The door keys to the house. The keys to the lock on the trailer hitch. Gate keys. Camper keys. Boat keys. OOOOOOOOH!!!! WHAT IS THIS - and THIS.

Call mama - describe the keys. Confirmed. Those ARE the keys to the truck.

There were mixed emotion tears. Yes there will be a jewelry piece made from these ----

YES - IT WILL BE MINE. ALWAYS A DADDY"S GIRL.


It's almost like my daddy knew I needed a confirmation from him that the path I am on is right. And there it was. Two tiny pieces of memory of him.

Oh - and hey Daddy -  I'm still a FORD girl - thru and thru.


No comments: