Tuesday, July 2, 2013

new.....

She is my firstborn. 

First to do everything. 

The one who had to "teach" mama how to be a mama. 

The very essence of my heart. 

She has not given us any significant trouble. 

High school graduate - College Graduate - Now in Grad School.

A young married woman -- learning new every day. 

They started in her teeny tiny apartment.

Yesterday they moved -- bigger - not brand new, but clean and in a good neighborhood. 

Last night found me cleaning the fridge. 


Scrubbing out cabinets and getting ready for shelf paper. 

Looking for tooth brushes and bedding. 

She was all over - bone numbing tired. 

The mama in me wanted to "fix" it. 

The mama in me knew that I shouldn't even try. 


But after last night in her new home, she will go back to work today. 

And I will go after work tonight and see if mama can help any more with this project. 

They plan on staying here for a few years. I think we can take this basic shell and make it quite cute. 

At least there are no MOLD issues like that last place. 

And I'll heed my mama's practice. I'll simply do what I can and try to stay out of the rest. 

I'm proud of her though.


No comments: