Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This is so hard --- clutter post #4

No pretty pictures with this one because the realization is not pretty and big ugly tears have been a huge part of this one.

This came in email form for me from Kathi Lipp - you can sign up for her emails at the link


If you need reasons to stay motivated as you clear out the clutter, think about the ways that clutter has kept you from relationships. 

When I started to talk about the book with friends, I was AMAZED at the legacy that clutter has in our lives.

The number of people who don't spend time with their parents because of the overwhelming clutter in their folk's homes.

The number of families that don't eat dinner at the table because it's so piled with stuff.

The number of couples who don't feel rested in their own bedrooms because the piles of "stuff".

If you're feeling overwhelmed by the amount of decluttering that needs to be done, remember - this isn't just for a tidy house - it's for the people inside your home.
*****************************************************************************

A letter to Molly and Abby (and their boys) --

I am so freaking sorry.

Our house was never one to be proud of. 

Always cluttered.

Always a mess. 

I now have a better understanding of how that kept you wanting to "hang" at other people's homes. 

From the porches - through the kitchen - all the way to those closed doors hiding the mess in the bedrooms. 

It was never your fault --- this has been about me and my not dealing with issues that have needed to be resolved for many many years. 

I love you both so much. And this is one of the hardest things I have ever said. I hope we can move beyond the years we lost and have many bright days ahead. 

Please let's talk about things - as they were, as they are, as they evolve. 

Dealing with issues has not been a strength of mine. And I filled that "hole" in my soul with things. Oh hell, I have made and continue to make really pretty stuff, but I failed in making you a welcoming home. 

As I continue to resolve inner and outer conflict, things are changing. Many of the changes are so hard, but I pray that they are all changes for the better for ALL of us. 

Just remember that you two are my life. I knew that I could never seem to get my act together, but I always tried to put you guys first. Just to see your smiles made my darkest days better. 

The Cancer five years ago changed so much. You both may have no idea how close I came to dying, but there it is. I get to celebrate life every day now. And even though I live with the fear of it returning, I will LIVE HARD, LIVE BEAUTIFULLY, AND LOVE FULLY. 

Molly, you married and have started your big, beautiful life. I am so proud of who you are and how you seem to be managing things. I'm right here loving you and being one of your biggest cheerleaders. Celebrating your successes. And lifting your struggles. I do hope that someday you will be able to say "my mama is also my friend" 

Abby - you are about to launch yourself into that big old world. I am scared to death of the changes coming (I was when Molly left home too), but I will not allow my fears to, in any way, keep you from living beautiful too. And I am proud of who you are, even though I did do some unconventional things with you as you were growing up, you have become one of my heroes. I also hope that you can tell people "my mama is my friend". 

I am trying so hard to make things better for me - which in turn will be better for all of us. Please forgive the failures. Celebrate the successes. Love hard through the evolving. 

And don't be mad when I pack up the tractor pull trophies you got when you were four. 

Above all --- remember - NO MATTER WHAT, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

MOM
*****************************************************************************

Yes peeps ---- this is exhausting and emotional and I will have set backs and successes. 

It is finally not about organizing stuff, it's about resolving issues and getting my crap together finally. 

Today, I am dealing with the regrets of how this may have affected my girls, but I'll simply work on forgiving myself along with asking them for their forgiveness. 

Have a beautiful day . 



No comments: