Wednesday, September 18, 2013

exposure -


This post makes me hyperventilate.

I feel vulnerable - exposed - even before I start typing.

See that page up there - how dirty and faded it is.

It's a short story that I wrote - YEARS ago.

Actually the very first thing I did in my way of honoring MaggieGrace. (My crafty blog is MaggieGraceCreates) You can read the story of MaggieGrace - here.

I've been encouraged by a friend to share this and I've wrestled with the decision. Why - because I'm scared of the reaction. I'm afraid of negative comments. Hell - I'm just afraid.

But today I feel strong enough - So here goes.

*****************************************************************************
NOAH, THE ARK, THE ANIMALS, and ME

Maggie attended Sunday School every Sunday. One Sunday the teacher told them story of Noah's ark.

Maggie went home and at lunch, she asked her mom - "Why did God choose Noah?

Maggie's mom said "I really think you should think about it and we'll talk again later."

After lunch, Maggie set out to find why God chose Noah and the animals.

First she went and asked her dog.

"Why did God choose dogs to go on the ark?'

Dog answered "because I warn against and protect people from danger. And I'll always be a loyal friend."

The next place Maggie went was to the barn.

She asked chicken "Why did God choose hens and roosters to go on the ark?"

Hen said "Rooster crows early in the morning to wake every one up. I can lay eggs for the people to eat for breakfast."

Maggie went along. An idea of what God did was forming in her mind.

Next to the pasture. Cow and horse were grazing.

Once again Maggie asked "Why did God choose you to go on the ark?"

Cow answered "I can give milk for the people to drink."

Horse said "I can carry people and things on my back."

Maggie was getting really close to figuring it out.

On to the woods she went.

She found owl, who was not very happy about waking up in the middle of the afternoon.

She asked again. Owl answered "Because I am wise. I know when to be quiet and just listen."

On her way back home, Maggie stopped to pick her mom a flower. The honeybee was nearby.

The bee answered her question " I make sweet honey for people to eat. Most people are afraid of me but I make honey anyway. That's what God wants us to do. Not worry about what others think. Just do what he tells us and do it to the best of our ability."

Maggie ran in the door to her mom "I understand Mom. God chose Noah because He knew he was special and would follow His directions no matter what other people thought of him."

"God also  chose each animal for the same reasons. Each animal has a special gift to the world and they do that the best they can"

"That's why God chose me. I'm special and I'm going to do whatever He says to."

Maggie's mom smiled and said "You are right. Noah built the best boat he knew how even though others laughed at him. The animals do what God tells them to do and we should too."

That night Maggie prayed this prayer.

Dear God,
Thank you for the lesson Noah and the animals taught me. Help me use my special gifts to do things for You in the best way I can. Amen.

***************************************************************************

So there it is --- and I'm still afraid.

But with my own prayers - I'm sending this out there.

Maybe this is one answer to my praying Romans 8:28 ---- is that why I am now responding to the encouragement of my friend? Is there some THING here that God wants to use? I don't have a clue, but I've wrestled with my fear and insecurity enough.

Please be gentle with me --- I feel very fragile over this one.

Much love --- Teresa

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love it. It would make a great coloring book for Sunday school.