Tuesday, September 17, 2013

sums it up perfectly......


This picture was taken on  Saturday April 20, 2010 
On Friday, my surgeon removed what was left of my left kidney and adrenal gland. 
Cancer destroyed it. Renal Cell Carcinoma. 
I almost bled to death before the problem was discovered.

But I didn't. 

As I came out the door to my room, to start walking laps up and down the hall with my IV in tow, 
I proclaimed
"Let the pole dancing begin"
The nurses thought that was hysterical. 

There have been lots of thing happen since then as a direct result of this little
"Kidney Cancer Road Trip"

I read this statement today over at Brave Girl's Club.

Pretty much everyday was hard, pretty much everyday was beautiful. Does that make any sense?
I was thinking last evening about how cancer makes you brave, it brings you to your knees….  It makes you cry and it makes you laugh… You make choices that you never thought you would make… You make deals…. You beg…. And then you get up in the morning and you live. Either you live wherever the wind blows. Or you decide to get up and be who you really are. You learn to fight with your heart and your hands open to all that is before you. You learn to protect. You learn to let go of the control you thought you had on your life, on those you hold dear… You watch them all suffer.
Most days I had no words…  It was not always pretty….It was all  I could do. 

I added the bold to that one line. 

But that sums up life after cancer perfectly. 

I won't try to explain some of my choices. 

They are mine.

They do not have to make sense to you. 


You can read the entire post here.

Actually the entire blog is worthy of sitting down and reading.

Here I am - living - loving - growing - changing. 

My life is beautiful. 
I hope yours is too. 

No comments: