Monday, January 19, 2015

Backyard visitor

I saw him as he swooped in and perched in the tree line. 

I was hopeful of a few shots.

I had NO IDEA how special this was to be. 

Heart pounding, breath caught in my throat. 

This has to be how a hunter feels when they spot that big deer. 

I eased out of the car and started snapping pictures. 

Trying to be controlled in my movements to not startle him away. 

Just look at these. 



a juvenile Coopers' Hawk 

Feathers ruffled in the wind. 

A completely unexpected visit that lasted about 20 minutes. 



He was observant - watching for prey - but still very aware of me. 

I would take a tiny step and then be still as I approached - slowly closing the gap between us. 

I love hawks and I am so glad to be learning more and more about them. 

Take off here to see my photo of a Red Shouldered Hawk.

In talking to a customer this morning - he understands why this AWE is important to me. 

When you find the rocky bottom and start the climb back up, you either grow as a cynical person or a grateful person. 

I chose the path of gratitude. 


\

This photo was the very last one I took. 

He intently watched me. 

I felt like I was being studied just like I was studying him. 

I saw the photo on the camera display screen and smiled.

Lowered the camera and thanked God for a brush with his creation.

I felt the message.

Isaiah 40:31King James Version (KJV)

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ---- 



No comments: