Thursday, January 8, 2015

fumbling ----- grace covering it


I had cancer. 

IT was scary. 

I had friends.

They did not know what to say. 

How to respond.

What to do. 

He lost his dad (mother, wife, brother, child) 

It was sad.

He had friends.

They did not know what to say.

How to respond.

What to do. 

Insert whatever scenario into this description.

They don not know what to say.

How to respond.

What to do. 

Here is my best advice.

LOVE - SHOW UP - ADMIT THAT YOU HAVE NO WISDOM - THEN RESPOND FROM YOUR HEART. 

You got it covered then.
Respond from that loving place in your heart. 
Grace will cover the rest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to add a funny.
About responding from your heart. 
There will be no names here but we laughed and laughed
About this

I was recovering from my surgery.
Enjoying the euphoria of great pain meds.
Home alone. 
A sweet visitor came by. 
I had one of those moments of "bathroom NOW" 
I walk in and apparently MOM is the only person in the world who notices that we 
HAVE NO PAPER. 
What to do.
At that moment - I made do with the last of the kleenex. 
Emerging and with that apology for the sudden exit of the visit, I asked if she would mind driving to the store for me to refill this required item. 

She did one better. 
Walked to her car.
Opened the trunk.
and produced a 24 pack of toilet paper. 
and said ---- I have ____ kids. I never know when we will be somewhere and NEED a roll of paper.
After I quit laughing - I said "and GOD uses unlikely people."

I have great friends.

Talk about responding with heart. 

She also responded with necessity and laughter. 

__________________________________________________________

Go ahead - respond - grace will cover the fumbling.


No comments: