Sunday, January 4, 2015

Here I am

 
 
listening to the rain
 
Knowing Abby and Joe will be driving from New York today.
 
I found a card in cleaning out a box.
 
A birthday card
 
It was unsigned
 
Wishing me a happy birthday and adding hope that I would find what I was looking for.
 
I'm still not sure what I am looking for, but I sure know what I have found.
 
I found love from so many people.
 
I found a passion for living that I did not know I was capable of.
 
I found that cancer makes you stronger than you ever thought possible.
 
I found that not worrying what others think is a much better way to go through each day.
 
I found that money is nice, but it does not make a good substitute for being involved.
 
I found that the amount of stuff I have is too much and has nothing to do with who I really am.
 
I found that some people cast shadows and others cast light.
I prefer those light people, but sometimes the shadowed ones really need some of our light.
An unlit candle needs a spark to burst into flame.
 
 
I found that when you open up there are blessings.
And pain, heart changing pain.
Searing, its not fair pain.
But even in loss, there were blessings.
Knowing Andrew changed me.
 
I found that babies and kids and teens and adults and the elderly can all bring blessings if we take the time to see.
 
I found sunrise and sunsets will happen whether we see them or not.
 
I found that being cynical really serves no purpose and is actually a very selfish place to spend time.
 
I'm still looking, but goodness, I have found so much.
 
The biggest thing is that I found God and Grace ,,,,,well they both happen to the unlikely. They happen to us all.
 
Much love friends.
 
I hope you find what you are looking for.
And that wish comes from me
And I will sign my wishes.
 
Blessings, Teresa
 
 
 
 


No comments: