Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Makes A difference


There are days that I think "too much trouble"
to stop and take the picture of the sky

I think - I'll just be grateful for it myself.

Then, I remember.

I remember being in a hospital room

Looking at the AC units on a rooftop

And a block wall. 

I remember a long, slow, uncomfortable walk down a hallway.

To sit in the sunlight streaming through those windows in a small waiting area. 


And the smile on her face after our conversation.

Then I remember various encouragers.

Those who tell me "thank you" for your posting.

And I read or listen to Kara's words

And I remind myself that they don't have to understand.

No one has to understand. 

But I feel like sharing these tiny moments of blessing is my way of creating a legacy of sorts.

See.

See what's being done for us.

See the beauty God gives us.

See His creation. 

See - no matter how we feel about it in our small grasp of things - WE ARE NEVER ALONE.

Each morning my phone beeps. Five words, two periods. 
Consistent.
Sure. 
I smile.
Send the same in return. 
And yet I know, that those words could suddenly be taken from either of us. 

But the sunrise - it is sure too. 
And it is proclaimed 

But for you who obey me, my saving power will rise on you like the sun and bring healing like the sun's rays. 
Malachi 4:2



So I take the time to record that sunrise moment. 

And I realize - no, it is NOT too much trouble.

We are not alone in anything. 

People may let us down

But as sure as the sun cycles - God is there, Jesus is there, The Holy Spirit is there. 

a circle - no top - no bottom - no beginning - no end. 

Not running out. 

There is so much peace in that realization. 

So I try to share that feeling in the photos and thoughts I post here and on facebook, instagram, twitter. 

I want my legacy to be one of appreciation of the blessings I have been given along with trying to give my own version of blessings along the way. 

I'm thinking this will define a Life Well Lived. 

What is your legacy? 

What will they remember of you?





No comments: