Friday, January 16, 2015

yes - they do go together

These pictures seemingly have not one thing to do with one another. 

But oh how they tie together. 

See these pictures represent blessings I have counted and blessings I will continue to count. 


Hang on - let's just chat about gratitude. 

I have been counting for a long time now. 

It's important to me to record the gratitudes. 

I should be important to everyone. 

Here's the research numbers

People who record gratitude  can expect these kinds of things 
1. Have a relative absence of stress and depression. (Woods et al., 2008)
2. Make progress towards important personal goals (Emmons and McCullough, 2003)
3. Report higher levels of determination and energy (Emmons and McCullough, 2003)
4. Feel closer in their relationships and desire to build stronger relationships (Algoe and Haidt, 2009)
5. Increase your happiness by 25% — (Who wouldn’t want a quarter more happiness!) (McCullough et al., 2002)
And because there is NO right way to record them I'm sharing mine.
I have a hand covered journal that was from a friend. I simply list at least three every day. I date mine but that's just me. 
The photo above reflects these three
1. Jeff (black and white shirt) and Michelle were at the cantata even though they buried a child the day before.
2. I sing and I have friends who sing and we have a great time even though getting ready for this kind of performance is hard work.
3. My Jones Chapel family loves and supports me even when I am broken and battered. 


The picture above -

1. Joseph (Chancey Rich) is a part of this performance. Because Mama T asked him and he said yes. More important he is among us and in his daddy's life because everyone is trying so hard to make a family. He also fought hard for sobriety and a stable mental health picture and is winning this battle. 

2. Mary  - (Anna Hancock) - jumped in and portrayed Mary when the original cast member found herself quarantined to her home. Welcome to protecting the community from a virus. 

3. Our Angel (Vanessa Faucett) such a sweet kid with a major family support group. A family who stepped in and loves her so much even when the structure doesn't look like a typical family does. 




When we are grateful for the tiniest of things, we seemingly have endless reasons to be even more grateful.

Thursday January 15

1. The foggy air froze onto the trees and bushes. leaving everything frosted and serene. Not like a frost, but more fairytale than that.

2. He understands and builds in time to stop for pictures.

3. This new camera is "da bomb"



This morning's sun appearance.
Really not one of the most spectacular of sunrises.
Just a slowly increasing glow. 

1. Upon going out to start the car, I look up and I see STARS, after days and days of rain.

2. I had a sun picture to post today. thank you Lord for rain and sun. 

3. I get to breathe and put my feet on the floor today. I promised while I was in the hospital (apr 2010)  that I would be grateful for every day - and as of now I have been.

Sure - life is real - and some days are HARD. 
Some days break us.
Beat us up.
Batter us. 
Then some days nourish us. 

But even in the most difficult, we can find blessings to be grateful for. We just may have to look harder. 

try it - count you blessings.

FIND LIFE
FIND BEAUTY
FIND GRACE

CLAIM IT FOR YOURSELF

LIFE IS BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL


No comments: